145: Encouraging Innovation Through Conflict with Jeff DeGraff
Professor Jeff DeGraff shows how to stir up some constructive conflict to encourage innovative thinking in the workplace.
- The extraordinary value of arguing
- Who are the four types of people at the workplace and what creative tensions emerge among them
- Effective ways to create constructive conflict at work
Jeff DeGraff is called the Dean of Innovation because of his influence on the field. Dr. DeGraff is a professor at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. He has advised hundreds of the world’s most prominent firms. He has founded a leading innovation institute, Innovatrium, with labs in Ann Arbor and Atlanta. Jeff’s thoughts on innovation are covered by Fortune, Wired and the Harvard Business Review to name a few. Jeff writes a column for Inc. magazine and has a regular segment on public radio called TheNext Idea. He is the author of several books.
Listen to the podcast Here
Items Mentioned in this Show:
- Jeff’s Website and MOOC: JeffDeGraff.com
- Book: The Innovation Code: The Creative Power of Constructive Conflict by Jeff DeGraff
- Book: Art and Visual Perception by Rudolf Arnheim
- Book: The Power of Meaning: Crafting a Life that Matters by Emily Esfahani Smith
- Company: The Innovatrium